Our hands are one of the most important parts of our body. They help us do our day-to-day activities, and imagining a life without them is quite difficult. Therefore, taking care of them and looking for problems such as Arthritis. Arthritis in the hands and wrist can be very painful, causing swelling, pain, stiffness, etc., and must get immediate medical attention.
How to understand that you have Arthritis in the Hand and Wrist?
If you have Arthritis, you might have the following symptoms:
- Dull joint pain or a burning sensation – This discomfort may occur in your hands after using them for a long time.
- Sharp pain – The pain might increase with time and can stop you from doing day-to-day activities with the same efficiency. Over time it can get worse and even wake you up at night.
- Swelling – You might initially notice swelling of the muscles around the affected area.
- Changes in the hand posture – If you have had this problem for a prolonged period, you might notice changes in the posture of your fingers. They might appear weak and bent.
How to prevent getting this problem?
Preventing Arthritis in the hand and wrist requires a few easy steps. The following are a few of them:
- Do hand exercises regularly, such as bending and flexing your fingers.
- Rotate your wrists clockwise and anticlockwise every day.
- Be precautious not to cause any injuries to your hands and wrists.
- Always stay physically active.
Arthritis might come out as a very painful and discomforting problem, but there are various ways to prevent it. If you are already going through it and want to seek the best medical treatment, visit Dr. Vinil Shinde in Pune.
About Dr. Vinil Shinde:-
Dr. Vinil Shinde is an orthopedic surgeon in kothrud, Pune, and has an experience of 8 years in this field. Dr. Vinil Shinde practices at dr Shinde’s dental & orthopedic clinic in kothrud, Pune. He completed ms – orthopedics at topical national medical college in 2010. He is a member of an association of spine surgeons of India (assi). He is a well-known Joint, Hip, Knee Replacement, and spine surgeon with the expertise of more than 9 years. A renowned surgeon, He is considered one of the most skilled orthopedic specialists in Kothrud & Bavdhan, Pune. While completing his orthopedics from Topiwala National College, Mumbai, It was further followed by MS in the UK.