Sports personalities often get injured while practicing or during a match. They are prone to different types of sports injuries.
Types of sports injuries
Different sports injuries have varied symptoms. Let us check the various types of sports injuries and complications involved in them.
- Knee injuries: – During practicing stretch, the tissues near the knee may get hurt. It may cause a knee injury.
- Sprains: – Sprain causes due to overstretching or shredding of ligaments.
- Strains: – Sportspersons often complain of having strain in the muscle. These are similar to sprains. Stains also develop due to the tearing of muscles.
- Muscle swelled: – If a person suffers from any injury, he will suffer from swollen muscle. It is common if you have hurt.
- Fractures: – Sportspersons can suffer from small to severe fractures or broken bones.
Treatments for sports injuries
Doctors suggest RICE therapy primarily for all sports injuries. RICE stands for Rest, Ice, compression, and Elevation. This therapy heals all mild sports injuries. Experts prescribe for RICE therapy within 24 to 36 hours of the hurt. Patients get relief from swelling and additional pain.
In case the injury seems severe, one should consult with the doctors. One can also opt for emergency care if the person suffers from
- Excess inflammation and discomfort.
- Noticeable lumps and other abnormalities.
- Joints sound while moving.
- Incapability to put weight on the joint.
How to prevent sports injuries
Experts suggest warming up properly before start exercise. Cold muscles are prone to get injured faster. Once muscles become warm, they become flexible. Hence, these don’t get tear without hassle. One must follow proper steps during exercise or sports. One needs to use necessary equipment so that one does not get injured easily. If you are already hurt, never overdo an activity. Once you finish your exercise, never forget to get cooled down.
Dr. Vinil Shinde is an orthopedic surgeon in kothrud, Pune and has an experience of 8 years in this field. Dr. Vinil Shinde practices at dr shinde’s dental & orthopaedic clinic in kothrud, pune. He completed ms – orthopaedics from topiwala national medical college in 2010. He is a member of association of spine surgeons of India (assi).
For more details on the procedure, cost and recovery period of partial joint pain treatment in kothrud connect with some of the best orthopedic doctors in Kothrud and Bavdhan.
If you face any of the above symptoms and medications, causes, Must consult with the best sports injuries doctor in kothrud – Dr. Vinil Shinde at Chirayu Clinic, Pune. Book an Appointment Now!!