When Is Knee Replacement Surgery Necessary?
Knee replacement or knee arthroplasty helps one get rid of diseased knee joints. Patients suffering from prolonged arthritis generally go through Knee Replacement surgery. In this surgery, the damaged bone, cartilage, kneecap, etc., are cut away. Later, the doctors install prostheses made of plastic, polymer, or metal to the knee to restore all the knee functions.
When do you need knee replacement surgery?
- If you have prolonged osteoarthritis and severe pain in your knee, your doctor will suggest you go for Knee replacement surgery.
- First, the doctors suggest physiotherapy for patients suffering from bad knee joints. If non-surgical treatments like medication, physiotherapy, exercises, etc., are no longer effective, the patients will have to go for knee replacement surgery.
- If left untreated, the knee injury or knee pain can worsen with the passage of time. Soon, there will come a time when the patient will become unable to continue the daily chores and his or her normal activities. This is the time when you should consider having knee replacement surgery.
- Due to bad arthritis or knee injury, there can be pain in your knees while at rest or during your nap time. This will disrupt your daily life, and the patients should consider knee replacement surgery to get out of such a physical situation.
- A consistently swollen knee can be the right sign for you to think about the surgery for knee replacement. But, first, try steroid injections, anti-inflammatory medications, etc., to diminish the swelling.
- If you see any deformational or structural issue in your knee, you should visit a doctor as soon as possible. He will ask the patients to do a knee replacement surgery within a particular time frame.
- The knee issues become common for men and women of a certain age. So, if you are 45+ and suffering from frequent knee pain, go for the surgery.
Now that you know when it would be the right time to consider knee replacement surgery as a valid option, you should start doing your research. The patients recover from the surgery within a few weeks, and this is not at all painful a surgery.
Dr. Vinil Shinde is one of the best orthopedic and joint replacement surgeon in Kothrud. He has huge experience in this field of arthroscopy and joint replacement. Also, he has successfully done many surgeries for joint, knee, hip, back pain, shoulder and neck pain replacement. If you have a joint problem and looking for a joint replacement surgeon in kothrud & bavdhan then you can totally rely on Dr. Vinil Shinde.