Physical activity to improve hip strength and flexibility and a careful reintroduction to daily activities are critical for successful healing following hip replacement surgery.
Hip-strengthening practices should be done daily for people healing from a total hip replacement.
Many doctors who perform Hip replacement surgery in Kothrud know that a Workout Increases muscular strength and mobility, which aids in joint protection, and Increases blood flow, which aids healing.
Usually, individuals can climb up and undertake workouts three or four times per week around Six weeks after the surgery.
Here are some exercises you can do:
Ankle Pumps for Circulation
Lie down on the back. Then, by pushing the foot up & down, point and pull the ankle of the surgical leg. Continue ten times (1 set).
Do one set each hour you remain awake and keep going till you have restored to your average level of physical activity.
It includes moving the ankle within and outward away from the opposing foot—five rounds each way, three to four times per day.
Lie on your back with your legs extended over in front of your body and bring your foot towards your bottom while maintaining your heel on the bed.
Pause for 5-10 seconds, and gently stretch the knee while maintaining your heel upon that bed.
Things you shouldn’t do:-
- Standing on the operated leg while moving the other leg is dangerous. This will put a lot of strain on your surgical hip.
- Additionally, resting only on the surgical leg while performing yoga or walking will put your hip under stress.
- Furthermore, you may swim with a basic technique since there are just a few revolutions that the hip would go through.
- The breaststroke, however, will place much stress and pressure on the hip replacement.
- Do not add weights when performing squat workouts; this weight will drive you over the threshold.
Hip replacement surgery in Bavadan by Dr. Vinil Shinde recognizes that each patient is unique. Some individuals heal more quickly than others.
So don’t be surprised if you see someone undertaking strenuous activities on social networks after a hip replacement operation. However, you know that not everything on social networks is factual.
Dr. Vinil Shinde’s focused treatment areas are Joint Replacement, Sports Medicine & all kinds of Trauma. He also does Primary, Revision Joint Replacements (Hip, Knee & Shoulder) and Arthroscopic Ligament Reconstruction in the knees & shoulder.
If you think you are facing similar conditions, or have suffered from them in the past, please contact the Chirayu Clinic team to schedule an appointment at +91 772 008 0890