Total hip replacement or hip arthroplasty replaces the damaged bone using prosthetic components like ceramic, plastic, metal, etc. Doctors suggest hip replacement when hip pain causes hindrances in daily activities, and non-surgical treatments do not affect it.
The fact of hip dislocation
The prosthetic ball of the hip gets dislocate due to damage to the hip joint. Arthritis is one of the most acute causes of hip joint dislocation. The prosthetic ball gets back to its position without surgery. But, due to severe problems, surgery is necessary to get the socket back into place. Aged persons, women suffering from arthritis, persons already having hip surgery suffer from hip dislocation.
When is hip surgery recommended?
Doctors suggest hip surgery due to several reasons.
- If hip pain hindrances everyday activity.
- If a person suffers from hip pain during resting all through the day.
- A person suffers from stiffness in the hip joint that creates a problem in moving or lifting the leg.
- If the pain does not get relieved from anti-inflammatory drugs or general therapy.
Complications after hip replacement surgery
Total Hip replacement comes with some complications. It is major surgery, and proper precautions must be taken after the surgery. Hence, people who are opting for hip surgery should understand the risk involved in it.
- People may suffer from blood clots in leg veins. It seems dangerous as it can disrupt blood circulation to the lungs.
- People may face infection in the area of the incision.
- Sometimes small fractures may occur around the area of hip surgery.
- Occasionally patients face the issues like changes in leg length.
Recovery from surgery
It needs to follow the instructions of the orthopedic to get recovered from the surgery. The patients need to follow
- Medications as per doctor’s guidelines.
- Proper wound care is necessary.
- Patients should take a balanced diet.
- Resume light exercises at home after six weeks of surgery.
Dr. Vinil Shinde is an orthopedic surgeon in kothrud, Pune and has an experience of 8 years in this field. Dr. Vinil Shinde practices at dr shinde’s dental & orthopaedic clinic in kothrud, pune. He completed ms – orthopaedics from topiwala national medical college in 2010. He is a member of association of spine surgeons of India (assi).
For more details on the procedure, cost and recovery period of partial joint pain treatment in kothrud connect with some of the best orthopedic doctors in Kothrud and Bavdhan.
If you face any of the above symptoms and medications, causes, Must consult with the best total hip replacement surgeon in kothrud – Dr. Vinil Shinde at Chirayu Clinic, Pune. Book an Appointment Now!!